Happy Summer! To celebrate the season of sunburn, poison ivy, traffic jams and rained out barbeques, we thought we'd offer up The Completely Subjective List Of The Ten Best Summer Songs of All Time.
Honorable Mention But Summer Isn't In The Title So It's Disqualifed
Seriously, who doesn't?
10. Cruel Summer - Bananarama
So they didn't sing harmony. So the styles are better off forgotten. So? It actually does get that hot and hazy in Manhattan. And all true New Yorkers know for certain that's how Sheriffs look.
9. For the Summer - Ray LaMontagne
If your plan is to have a contemplative and slightly melancholy summer, this beautiful cut from God WIllin' & The Creek Don't Rise is perfect.
8. Rain In the Summertime - The Alarm
If you're in a Welsh rock band with a great song about summer and other stuff we can't figure out, where do you go to film the video? The exact opposite of what you would think.
7. All Summer Long - Kid Rock
So what he lifted the whole thing from Warren Zevon (except for the huge chunk he he lifted from Skynyrd), you know you love this song.
6. Boys of Summer - The Ataris
This Blog is contractually bound to only reference two 80s songs per list, so Don Henley will have to defer to the Ataris.
5. Long Hot Summer - Keith Urban
The melody will earworm into your head, and really, who doesn't like Keith?
4. Summer In the City - The Lovin' Spoonful
Quintessential 60s pop and summer time song!
3. Summer Wind - Frank Sinatra
Don't you wish you were this cool and, well, adult?
2. In the Summertime - Mungo Jerry
Or this hip and laid back?
1. Hot Fun In the Summertime - Sly & the Family Stone
Undeniable. Now go out and enjoy your summer!